The development of an Academy

1949

  • Establishment of the LDT Registered Association (Educational Institution of German Textile Retailers) at Castle Hohenstein in Stuttgart.
  • Length of programme 2 semesters, 26 students.

1952

  • Moved to Nagold into the “Red Schoolhouse”.

1957

  • The new building – an auditorium and eight lecture halls – at Wolfsberg, Vogelsangweg 23.

1966

  • Expansion of the programme from 2 to 3 semesters.

1967

  • Purchase of a house across from the school and the establishment of the “Waldruhe” as a student club.

1973

  • Creation of an addition with a further six lecture theatres and the Casino.
  • Four semester training period.

1984

  • Presentation of the Forum Prize of the Textile Management at the LDT Nagold.
  • Start of cooperation with the University of Northwood, USA.

1990

  • Increase and expansion of the Casino building for an additional six lecture theatres, two communications rooms, two computer rooms as well as construction of a parking garage with 280 parking spaces.

1993

  • Decommissioning of the old “Waldruhe” bar due to the state of disrepair and integration of a new student club in the lower part of the Casino building.

1998

  • The Dual Degree Programme (LDT Corporate Model) with approximately 30 participants and introduction of the additional qualification “Retail Merchandiser” in a full-time programme began in August.

2000

  • Integration of the European Education Forum Footwear (EBS Mainz).
  • Start of cooperation with the Pearl Academy of Fashion, New Delhi, India.

2001

  • The post for Managing Director Finance and Marketing is filled.
  • Approx. 340 students.

2002

  • Beginning of the gradual implementation of a curriculum reform with a redesign of the curriculum, changing of the school hours and reorganization of the examination process.

2003

  • Introduction of the possibility to choose the focus of study on Industry/Wholesale.
  • Conversion of the legal form of a registered association (e.V.) into a non-profit GmbH (gGmbH).

2006

  • Parallel training in a total of three different study models with six different specialised degrees.
  • Occupational qualification.
  • Membership IFFTI.
  • Total of 400 students. Approx. 200 graduates per year.

2008

  • Start of cooperation with Steinbeis University Berlin and the joint offer: Occupational postgraduate course for LDT graduates for “Bachelor of Arts/Master/PhD of Business Administration” (BBA) with an emphasis in 'Fashion Business Management' (accredited, internationally recognised academic degree).

2009

  • Approx. 560 students.
  • 60th anniversary.

2010

  • Approx. 600 students.
  • Over 350 partner companies from retail, industry, organisations and trade associations.

2011

  • General renovation began. Investment scope approx. 3.5 million Euro.

2012

  • The Wilhelm Lorch Foundation awarded a prize “for the long-lasting facilities of the planned Learning and Competence Centre at the LDT Nagold”.
  • Prize money doubled by the Deutschen Fachverlag (Textile Industry).

2013

  • Completion of the general renovation. Completion of the MLK (Multimedia Learning and Competence Centre) and Open-Air Auditorium.
  • Introduction of the intranet. Brand relaunch.